We invites applications for a postdoc position in a project “Study of magic and magic-zero wavelength in optical lattice clocks with blue-detuned lattice”, a project founded by National Science Centre Call Opus 13.
The person employed within the project will participate in the measurement of the blue magic wavelength around 389.9 nm for the 88Sr isotope, the measurement of the absolute photoionization cross sections of the states in strontium, in particular of the 1P1 and 3S1 states, that are used in the actual atomic clock experiment by the blue magic wavelength photons, and the spectroscopy of the magic-zero wavelengths for the strontium excited 5s5p3P0 clock state.
Please submit the applications documents to castle[at]fizyka.umk.pl by 28 February 2018 with annotation “Postdoc OPUS” in the subject field.
Please include in your cover letter:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”
- 1 or 2 year postdoc position
- salary (gross) 85000 PLN per year
- no teaching duties
Desired skills and experience:
- PhD in physics or related fields obtained in the year of 2011 or later experience with laser techniques
- at least one year research stay or PhD studies at internationally recognized institution at the atomic physics experiment, preferably an optical atomic clock experiment
- computer programming skills and electronic engineering skills fluency in spoken and written English
- experience in cold atoms or ions experimental techniques will be an additional advantage